Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Okay Another Question


Most of you know that I work for an internet company. You might even know that I do their online advertising. Anyway, the other day I was telling one on my sister's friends that and she quickly responded, "You mean those popup ads?" Well I was glad to tell her no, that we did mostly search engine marketing. The only time people see ads for us is when they actually do a search for something like "drop shipping," the services we provide. Then they will only see a little text ad...you've all seen them they are mixed with your results when you do a search on Yahoo or Google, they are marked "Sponsered Results".

Anyway so last week my supervisor tells me that he has been talking with some people and he wants me to look into contextual advertising...better known to the public as popup advertising. I had some reservations, but he talked to me and pointed out that it can do some good things for us.

Now I was just wondering all ya'lls' thoughts on popup marketing. Think of it as a consumer, and then as a customer (i.e. a business using that type of marketing). Here is your chance to unload...In the words of the great kidney stoneless Em (quoting a movie of course) DO IT.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?