Friday, July 30, 2004

What do you think?

Jon, my good roommate, sent me an emailed form of a 1845 newspaper article concerning the topic of kissing. Not just your ordinary run-of-the-mill kissing, no we're talking the good kind. Yeah, it goes into good detail on how to give a good kiss.

The idea was then thrown around that for that time period this type of article was very racy, and far from the norm. This reminded me of the many comments about the good ol' days, when everyone was wholesome and nothing bad happened. You have all heard the comments...So my question to you is: Do you buy it? Were people really better then, than we are now days? Would the racy stuff that we see and hear about today happen 20, 50, 150, or 500 years?

Feel free to chime in with your thoughts. Don't worry if others don't agree that's fine too. I'm just interested to see what you all think. I think that things now days aren't that differnet than they were back then. The old people are just blowing smoke probably because they can't remember very well. You remember Back to the Future, when Michael J Fox found out that his mom wasn't anything like she claimed to be! Yeah, so that basically proves my point.

Anyway express yourself...it might be fun. :)

View the text of the article here.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?