Sunday, June 27, 2004

Sunday School Lesson: Alma 13-18

While trying to listen to Jon's well done lesson a couple of short notes were passed between friends. They read as follows:

***************************************************************
Dear Ry-Ry,

If I were Jon Harmon’s trophy wife, I think I would have to wear a string of pearls. And also a nice black dress. And also I would part my hair on the other side. I don’t know how I would act or what I would do, but that’s definitely what I would wear.

More importantly, do you ever worry that 50 years from now the term “Ry-Ry” will become an adjective? And you’ll hear your grandchildren being all, “Oh, man! That was sooo Ry-Ry!”

Think about it.
Heart Kat
------
Kit-Kat,

You know its funny you mentioned those two things. First, I often wonder what I would wear if I were your trophy husband—probably really high healed mens shoes, Bono sunglasses, and a lime green not-quite-big-enough shirt. Then, what if my name became a descriptive term? When I think about that I’m kind of scared at what its definition would be, probably something similar to spastic or corky…maybe both.

Heart Ryan
(with caption: that’s a good heart right?)
(with Kat’s return caption: very good, but kind of balloony)
------
Ry-Ry,

It’s almost too perfect, because when I picture my trophy husband, that’s exactly what he’s wearing. It’s like you’re inside my head! You’re amazing. You’re, like, so Ry, you’re Ry-Ry. Seriously, I mean that.

Heart Kat
------
Kat,

That means a lot to me. What if Kat became an adjective? If it did it would be a good one.

—Ryan
------
Ry-Ry,

Are you Katting with me? Cuz that would be totally Ry-Ry. Only someone completely Em would Kat around during Sunday School. I’m totally Ann-Marie-ing out.

Crazy Heart Kat
(with Ry’s caption: That is a really Katty heart)
(with Kat’s return caption: Your mom’s a Jon Katty heart)
(Kat’s continued caption: I’m just Emming you.)
------
Kat,

This Sunday School teacher is a Jon good teacher, if you know what I mean. ;)

Ps. Remember when you were 16 and you thought the word “sects” was really funny…yeah, me either.
***************************************************************
By the way, it was a good lesson Jon, I was paying attention.

Click here to see the actually notes.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?