Thursday, May 13, 2004

Shopping Cart Maddness


So the other day was that dreaded day when I have to go spend my money on food. As is customary I went to Macey's, and Macey's tends to be busy on Monday nights. Regardless, I went forth to acquire the "bear" necessities: cereal, milk, bread, and chocolate milk...mmm. This time I also needed to get some shampoo and when I remembered my cart was already full, so in order to save my energy I parked the cart next to the soda drinks and walked myself over to the shampoo aisle. I did a quick scan and grabbed a bottle that was cheap, then did a 180 and headed back to my cart. When I returned to the area where my cart was, I noticed several shoppers there talking to each other. I saw them and their carts but I didn't see mine--that's because it wasn't there! Someone had walked off with my cart. Ya, someone stole my groceries--I guess technically they weren't my but I mean really! I wasn't very happy, I didn't want to get all of my groceries again. After the people cleared away I noticed a lone cart in the middle of the aisle--it wasn't mine. I decided to go on a hunter for my cart, I was determined to find it. I did a quick loop and returned to the crime scene. Would you believe my cart was there, and the other one gone? Man, I bet they (the moron that temporarily stole my cart) felt stupid, they probably got up to the checked stand and was like "...hey...wait a minute this ain't my stuff." Alas, all is well I got my cart and I got my food. Worry not, I will live another week.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?